We are working closely with local staff to introduce a diverse range of new initiatives that aim to improve both technical and management aspects of pharmacy practices across Connaught Hospital.
Working together with hospital partners, the King’s Sierra Leone Partnership team are:
- Supporting the development of a revised drug chart to improve decision-making and stewardship around medication prescription
- Revising the hospital’s antibiotic guidelines
- Supporting the training of some of the country’s first clinical pharmacists
- Coordinating the donations of medications and equipment as part of a free healthcare initiative that will provide medications to destitute and intensive care patients
- Piloting an in-house hand sanitizer gel factory to supplement or serve as an alternative tohand washing with soap and water